Guide to Famous Central Florida Theme Parks
Families and fun-seekers alike have long flocked to Central Florida, and it’s easy to see why. When it comes to having a good time, there are few places more jam-packed with options. In particular, theme parks have always had this region at the top of their “must-visit” lists. Want to get away to the ride, entertainment, and experience capital of the world? Here’s your guide to central Florida theme parks!
Of course, any discussion of Florida theme parks will likely include Disney at the top of the list. Disney parks are known the world over as premier attractions that put the focus on fun for the whole family. Visitors to the area will be absolutely spoiled for choice when deciding how to spend their time given the plethora of options available. Disney parks in central Florida include:
- Walt Disney World: The central park in the Disney empire emcompasses thousands of acres of rides, shops, unique restaurants, classic characters, and other amazing attractions.
- Magic Kingdom: Timeless entertainment is celebrated here, with fireworks, parades, and Cinderella’s castle. The Magic Kingdom has been America’s most-visited theme park for more than 20 years.
- EPCOT: Envisioned by Walt Disney himself as the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, EPCOT’s iconic, geodesic spherical center has become synonymous with the park.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: This celebration of the movies is both a theme park unto itself, as well as a working fim production studio where Disney makes movie magic.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Part zoo, part nature preserve, and part theme park, Animal Kingdom is a 580-acre celebration of the rich diversity of nature.
- Blizzard Beach: The first of Disney’s two Florida water parks, Blizzard Beach brings a touch of winter to south Florida, inviting guests to cool off with a wet and wild good time.
- Typhoon Lagoon: Disney’s second Sunshine State water park offers guests a wave pool, a geyser, and several nautical and tropical-themed areas to explore.
Universal Orlando brings even more movie magic to central Florida, offering guests a blockbuster “ride the movies” Hollywood experience that brings the excitement of the silver screen to vibrant life. Fans of the cineplex will find lots to love among Universal’s thrill-a-minute rides and experiences.
- Universal Studios Orlando: The massive central park is home to countless themed areas of entertainment based on the studio’s most popular films and characters (such as “Despicable Me”, “Transformers”, Curious George, and many more.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: The massively popular magical world comes to live in this faithfully recreated park. Enjoy a butterbeer, shop for wands at Ollivander’s and explore Diagon Alley.
- Islands of Adventure: Explore exciting areas like Marvel Superhero Island, King Kong’s Skull Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, and more
- Volcano Bay Water Park: Cool off at Universal’s water park, offering pools, water slides, splash pads, and countless other aquatic attractions.
SeaWorld has thrilled generations of marine life enthusiasts for nearly five decades. Kids of all ages will love watching dolphins, orcas seals and more perform playful stunts and interact with trainers.
- SeaWorld Orlando: Animal encounters, thrill rides, food, shows and many other great activities await you and your family here.
- Discovery Cove: Get up close and personal with all manner of marine life. Swim with dolphins, feed penguins, and see colorfully exotic tropical birds.
- Aquatica: Why should the animals have all the fun? SeaWorld’s water park lets guests splash and play to their hearts’ content.
Everyone loves indulging their imagination by creating with colorful LEGO bricks. LEGOLand Florida offers visitors a world of imagination and wonder. Amazing food, pulse-pounding thrill rides, LEGO film characters, photo opportunities and endless fun can be found beyond the gates of this popular park. And coming in early 2022, the new Peppa Pig Park will delight fans of the eponymous UK animated series.
As both an animal conservation park and a thrill ride destination, Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens hosts more than 4 millions visitors annually. Botanical gardens, roller coasters, animal encounters, nature exhibits and endless fun can be found here across several safari-themed areas. Ride the train, grab some delicious lunch, and enjoy the sunshine!
Looking for classic boardwalk-style fun? Then don’t miss visiting the Fun Spot parks in Orlando and Kissimmee. You’ll discover go-karts, bumper boats and cars, an arcade, a games midway, Ferris wheel, and even water slides at these family-friendly parks.
No matter which parks on your “must-visit” lists, Balmoral Resort is your home away from home for all of your area explorations. Pristinely clean vacation homes are roomy enough for the whole crew, and come complete with kitchens, spacious bedrooms, and even your own private pool. Book your stay today, and explore all the best of south Florida!