This year is set to be a big one for Florida holidaymakers – with a host of unmissable new Orlando attractions set to open during 2018. Disney, Universal and SeaWorld are unveiling exciting new additions including Toy Story Land, Fast and Furious: Supercharged and Infinity Falls, featuring the biggest river rapids drop in the world.
George Aguel, President and Chief Executive Officer of tourism body, Visit Orlando, says, “Every Orlando vacation is unique, with so many attractions and activities for visitors to mix and match, but 2018 will be an exceptional year for experiences that really stand out. “A great vacation lets you escape from the everyday and experience something new, and there is no shortage of that this coming year, ranging from being immersed in a high-speed car chase with the Fast & Furious to plunging down the world’s tallest river rapid drop.”
We have compiled a list of our top unmissable new Orlando attractions, rides and restaurants:
1) Toy Story Land, DisneyWorld
The new 18-acre Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios is due to open in summer 2018, with two new themed attractions, a family-friendly Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster and Alien Swirling Saucers, which features two large figure-eight tracks with ride vehicles that drift around corners.
2) Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Universal Studios
Guests will enjoy a high-octane adventure into the world of underground racing, right alongside stars from the blockbuster Fast & Furious films. The indoor ride features themed vehicles.
3) Infinity Falls, SeaWorld Orlando
The new rainforest river rapids raft ride, with the world’s tallest river rapid drop, is due to open in summer. The new Harmony Village Amazonian area will feature South American animals, including sloths. An elevator lift, the first of its kind in the nation, will lift guests to the top of a 40-foot drop. The drop is the world’s tallest drop on a river rapids ride.
4) The Great Lego Race VR Coaster, LEGOLAND Florida
This is the first virtual reality roller coaster designed for children. It will open in place of the Project X wild mouse roller coaster at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, re-imagined with a new story plus special effects. Due to virtual reality headset restraints, the experience will only be available to those six and older, but younger guests who meet the height requirement can ride the coaster without the VR headset.
5) Nona Adventure Park, Lake Nona, Orlando
The new water-sports park, featuring an inflatable, floating obstacle course, wakeboarders pulled along by cables and a 60-foot climbing tower with a ropes course is scheduled to open in summer 2018.
6) Ray Rush, Aquatica, SeaWorld Waterpark
The Ray Rush raft ride will provide new ways to slide, splash and soar at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark. The ride features wild water jets, a colossal water sphere and soaring into giant manta wings. It is scheduled to open in spring 2018.
7) LEGO NINJAGO – Master of the 4th Dimension, LEGOLAND Florida
The short film, which was launched in January 2018, at the LEGO Showplace Theater and combines 3D computer animation with 4D real-world effects.
8) New Disney Springs Dining Options
Among new restaurants due to open at Disney Springs in 2018, are:
* The Edison, themed around a 1920s-era electric company with live entertainment, classic American food and craft cocktails
* Jaleo, a Spanish Tapas concept by world-renowned Chef Jose Andres
* Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, a new location in Town Center capturing the essence of laid-back California dining
* Wine Bar George, the only Master Sommelier-led wine bar in Florida, curated by Master Sommelier, George Miliotes.
* Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, offering Sicilian cuisine and set in a 1930s abandoned airline terminal
* Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar, serving Prohibition-era cocktails along with a menu of dishes, inspired by the true Florida history of rum-running
* JINYA Ramen Bar, a modern Japanese restaurant featuring authentic ramen along with a variety of tapas dishes, is expected to open in 2018 in the Thornton Park neighborhood of downtown Orlando.
* Heirloom Deli, where everything from drinks to bakery items will be 100% plant-based.
9) Woody’s Lunch Box at Toy Story Land
The special Toy Story Land snack kiosk will be modeled on Andy’s lunch box and thermos. Disney says it will serve “tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats.”
10) Agave Azul Cocina Mexicana, Windermere and Winter Park
Taking up the space that once housed Square 1 Burgers at the corner of Orlando Avenue and Minnesota Avenue, at Winter Park, and 5799 Winter Garden Vineland Road, at the Windermere Village shopping center, the upscale restaurants will turn out Mexican fare such as fajitas, enchiladas, and churros.
While enjoying the unmissable new Orlando attractions, why not stay at the unmissable new $125million Balmoral Resort Florida?
The luxury lakeside resort at Haines City, near Orlando, provides spacious, comfortable and cost-effective accommodation plus all the on-site amenities you and your family will love. Each home includes a private pool, beautifully furnished and comfortable rooms, with the latest Smart TVs, a fully-equipped kitchen and free Wi-Fi and parking.
The one-of-a-kind Tuscan-designed villas and townhouses accommodate up to 14 people and are set in a peaceful 113-acre private gated community, with parks, gardens, walkways and lakes.
The resort features a water park, clubhouse, restaurant, wedding pavilion and games room with the world’s largest Pac-Man arcade console.